Sunday, February 20, 2011

Charleston Beard Contest Ride

The nicest weekend of the year fell upon us these past few days. Darnel and I took a 600 mile road trip to Charleston so I could participate in the 2nd Southeastern Beard and Moustache Competition. On friday it was 75ยบ and sunny. We had absolutely no agenda and it felt amazing. 
 We stopped at the Town Creek Indian Mound outside the uwharrie's. I had no idea this was even existed here. It was pretty cool. Worth the $0.00 price.


 We camped first night on the inner coastal waterway. Full moon over the water and some busch beer and some backpacking meals. Next day in Charleston we met up with an old friend from Reidsville and her husband and we kicked it around Folly Beach and other parts around and within.

 Some sweet graffiti 


On saturday, we met this tweaker, Capt' T. He has this freaky sunken rolled back unusable left eye and this fresh as hell 4 inch scar on the right side of his forehead. He had to get right up on ya to see you, so I can't imagine how well he rides his harley. He and his buddy, mouse, (a meth runner) rolled up next to us because Capt' T's bike was smoking. He jumped off and came up to me instead of checking his bike and said, "Who's that?". He wasn't concerned about his bike at all. The Captain was certainly a crack troll set loose onto the fading light of this early spring day. I wish I was making any of this up, but I'm not. It's all true.

The Quien competing as the "Electric Starfish" He got second. He was robbed.

 Relaxing on the way home. Good Times

2 comments:

  1. 2 questions.

    -Where did you place?

    -What the hell is Darnel trying to eat on the side of the river?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were 4 entries and 3 prizes. I walked away with nothing. I did get an awesome introduction though.

    Darnel's eating a backpacking meal. Looks like he's check out the bottom of it.

    ReplyDelete

So, ya got something to say, huh?