Monday, October 31, 2011

WILD IN THE STREETS



When I was a clueless kid in NC I thought California was all about the Daggers and Agent Orange. See, I was 11 when Thrashin came out, and me and Victro were damn near wearing out the "Living in Darkness" cassette we got from Schoolkids (or was it Record Bar?). It was 1986. The whole album wasn't twenty minutes long so I guess I must have flipped that poor tape 4,380 times (four times a day for three years straight)—at bare minimum. Radarluv had a 8' wide mini ramp in his yard and a Motley Crüe poster on his wall. I don't think Mom knew how far we skated to get over there. It's OK though, no matter how much we felt we were wild in the streets, we didn't run into any Daggers, and we were "Too Young to Die."


1 comment:

  1. School kids. I had a "Bitchin Summer" shirt I got there, so sick. The screen on the front so thick it was like a sweat bomb in the summer. blood stains, speed kills, fast cars, cheap thrills. In those days, one out of four was about all we had going.

    ReplyDelete

So, ya got something to say, huh?