Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Bird


House shows are great, and I have many fond memories of them. Still fonder perhaps are my memories of making the fliers. Having not yet discovered my affinity for whiskey, I was straight edge for most of my early house show days, so fun took on a special assortment of different meanings. My BFF and I would ride our tiny bikes (me on a Mongoose, her on the Screamer) to the Handy Pantry so she could get a PBR and I could get an IBC. Then we'd head across the parking lot to Kinkos where we'd find our good friend Rick, who always worked in really small running shorts. He would give us a bogus copy counter to shove in the machine so as to avoid paying and we'd post up for hours. Times were easy and we didn't give a shit about much except raising hell and laughing it off. This is one of my favorite fliers from that time. The show was good and I can still hear us laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, ya got something to say, huh?