Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pleasures?


Digging through some artifacts today I unearthed these two gems. If you didn't believe me the first time, I offer these up as further evidence of the man, the myth, the legend: Chris Chris. If you'll remember, we previously highlighted his musical prowess and his frequent performances in line at Kinkos. Well there was a guy who worked there during this time, still does actually, who walked his lizards up and down Tate St. on a leash. He hated Chris Chris. So much so, that in a desperate attempt to express his feelings, he made a comic book and a series of paper dolls about the man behind the mandarin collar. Seen above is one of the paper dolls dressed in a favorite color palette of Chris's. The proportions are strikingly realistic, so imagine this in human form for a second and try to understand how this affected our lives.
As well you will find written proof of Chris Chris. I worked in a coffee shop called Cup-a-Joe for many years along with most people I still know. Chris came in often to belittle us for working minimum wage jobs and drink orange tea. I left Cup-a-Joe for a while to go live and study in Spain. This didn't stop Chris from coming into my life, however. A coworker wrote me a letter while I was abroad and here is an interesting bit about ChrisChris's doings. I cannot make this shit up.






No comments:

Post a Comment

So, ya got something to say, huh?