Thursday, November 18, 2010

NO DUDE IS AN ISLAND









Last week SF hit the low 70's more days than not. One of those days I was lucky enough to get over to Angel Island SP. Up to that point I had never been to AISP and the little news I could get wasn't so positive. From the TWO people I could find that had actually been there I heard it was cold as fuck, foggy, and mediocre and JC offered that the one time he had been there he had heard a lot of drumming (I can only assume performed in a circle)...he denies taking part part but im not so sure...
Showed up (via ferry) at around 10:30 am and was informed by the ranger that in 5 hours (after the last ferry out) I would have the Island to myself. Assumed she was shitting me...she wasn't. Apparently people don't like freezing their asses off on a foggy island and the segway rentals stop on November 1st.
The next 24 hours included desolate beaches, epic ruins, decommissioned nuclear launch pads, more deer than I could count, birds out the ass, NO HUMANS, about 3 hours of sleep, and mice ate all my food....RAD. wish yall where there...

2 comments:

So, ya got something to say, huh?